A Maybach is a high-end, ultra-luxury sedan. It can take in a maximum of four passengers in its very luxurious and very sophisticated interior. Oh yes. It means regal. It means splendor. However, the price ranges from $300,000 to $400,000. The Maybach comes in two models which are the Maybach 57 and the Maybach 62.
The Maybach 57 is 5.7 meters long, and the 62 is 6.2 meters long, hence the model names. The two models are very nearly identical except for the length. The extra length of the 62 is used to increase the rear seat leg room.
The Maybach 62 also offers several options unavailable in the 57. The 62 has fully reclining rear seats because it has extra leg room available in the rear to accommodate them.
The Maybach 62 also offers a huge skylight in the roof. This roof is officially known in the automobile world as the electro-transparent panoramic glass roof. The laminated glass pane on the inside of the panoramic roof contains a layer of liquid crystal foil made from electrically conductive polymer material which becomes transparent when AC voltage is applied. The glass in this skylight can be electronically changed between clear, frosted or completely opaque depending on your mood. The interior of the Maybach is designed for opulence.
It has every creature comfort you can imagine, and several that you may have never thought of. The list of standard and optional features includes:
- A built-in refrigerator that is operated by its own compressor
- The mentioned electro-transparent panoramic glass roof
- Solar cells built into the roof to operate a ventilation system while the car is parked
- Ten air bags: four normal airbags for all four passengers, four side-impact airbags and two curtain airbags
- Charcoal and pollen filters to clean incoming air
- Ambient lighting
- Writing desks that unfold from the armrests
- Curtains to cover rear and side windows
- Two cell phones
- Automatic door unlocking and ignition using a fob transmitter (When you approach the car, it unlocks; when you touch the gear-selector knob, it starts.)
- Heated seats and steering wheel
- Optional fully-reclining rear seats with built-in massage
- Intercom between front and rear seats
- Retractable window between front and rear seats, with electro-frosting when desired
- Bose sound system, 600 watts with 21 speakers
- Navigation system, self-monitoring tires, telediagnostics, etc.
- 100 wood veneer accent pieces and leather throughout
Each of the two rear seats in the Maybach 62 has a folding table which is housed in a special compartment, one on either side of the rear center console. DVD player in the back seat and two screens embedded in the backs of the front seats, along with a TV tuner and a 6-disc CD changer with cordless headphones
In other words, this car has everything.